Monday, November 8, 2010

Motivation - How The Fitness Lifestyle Can Make You Better In All Areas Of Life!!!






You can look me in my eyes, see I'm ready for whatever

Anythang don't kill me, make me better

I was in the middle of a set of deadlifts. The music from my iPod was pounding in my ears. TI’s Motivation was playing. I got pumped. It reminded me why I do what I do in life and of course, in bodybuilding. The lyrics struck a cord. We all want to be the best. The people that actually succeed at becoming the best have that one thing - motivation. Things happen and set them back, but “anythang that don’t kill them makes them better.” Whether it is a back injury while deadlifting or a bid lost on a jobsite, a setback can lead to long-term prosperity if you use it to your advantage.
Spread yo rumours, kick all yo lil' dumb (stuff)
Tell lies, laugh 'bout the time that I'm gon' get
If it make you feel better, picture me over and done with
Punk (expletive), come with all the gossip you can come with
Small thang to a giant, I can overcome this
I have been the victim of this. Once you reach any level of success, jealousy comes into play. People love to knock others off of their deserved pedestal. Look at rumors as an achievement. If you were a nobody, they wouldn’t be wasting their time with you! So the next time someone knocks you for living the bodybuilding lifestyle or striving to reach your goals, remember that they are jealous of you. Just do your thang and if playa’s hate, then let them hate and watch the money pile up.
Now that we have TI out of the way, let’s examine WHY we do what we do. Bodybuilding is about constantly progressing. By doing this, you never stagnate and you are never complacent. We aim for brilliance in all areas of life. I have always lived by the mantra that “Complacency is mediocrity.” Why be mediocre when you can be brilliant? You should want to progress in all areas of life, including:
  • Professionally
  • As a bodybuilder
  • Health
  • Spiritually
  • Family
Bodybuilding trains one to look at all areas of life as a constant linear progression. Just as you aim to improve weights and/or reps with every workout and get bigger and leaner with every meal and training session, you can also take this mentality into other areas of life. Aim to be a better employee or business-person every day. Aim to be a better parent and spouse every day. Aim to eat more vegetables to improve your health. Aim to be a more Godly person.
….Are you starting to see where I am going with this?
Bodybuilding is a beautiful thing. Most people have the equivalent of a one-night stand with bodybuilding. You want to lose some fat, you go to the gym, get some results, then quit and hop back on the mediocrity train. Bodybuilding is not just some cheap, skanky, booty-call. Bodybuilding is a long-term love affair. Bodybuilding is the hot chick that you can also take home to Momma. Bodybuilding is the finest piece of ass you will ever have, and it will make your ass mighty fine as well! Use bodybuilding as a way to enhance all areas of life by instilling goal-setting, hard work and commitment into your life. I live by the saying, “Bodybuilding should enhance, not take over your life.” Also, if you have kids, what better example is there than for them to see you eat healthy and exercise?!
Do it NOW! Become a better person, a healthier person, and a complete person. This is a lifestyle, NOT a passing fad. Harness bodybuilding and improve your life!

Supreme Supplements

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments